The English Experience works with leaders to create tour itineraries for their group's specific interests and requirements. We provide a full range of services including itinerary preparation, accommodations, transportation, specialist guides, exclusive visits/lectures/behind the scenes tours etc. In short everything to make your group visit a delightful and stress-free occasion.
We work with your 'Wish List' and can make suggestions where appropriate, to enhance the itinerary to reflect your own special interests.
Groups we work with include:
Corporations (incentive tours)
Golf, country sports, special events and sightseeing arranged around business meetings are an ideal way to focus your team and reward outstanding employees.
How about a more leisurely tour for your group or for a special family celebration? Travel outward from New York on the fabulously luxurious Queen Mary 2, where not only will you wine and dine in superior comfort, but there are wonderful learning opportunities to explore while on the 6 night voyage. When you arrive, take a tour of some spectacular UK sights to complete the experience. Call us for your group booking.
TransAtlantic Luxury! for something really special why not experience the luxury of a transAtlantic voyage? Individuals, groups or families can enjoy 6 nights aboard the elegant Queen Mary 2 from New York to the UK. The perfect, leisurely way to travel. No jet lag, plenty of space and entertainment at a very affordable price.
This fabulously luxurious liner offers not only wining and dining in superior comfort with choices of restaurant, but also provides wonderful learning opportunities. Enjoy lectures by noted authorities on wide-ranging topics from Interior design and gardens, to literary 'greats' and WWII experts. On arrival complete your experience with a tour of some spectacular UK sights. Call us to find out more or to for your group booking.
love to visit the UK to explore for themselves the variety and charm of English gardens and look in on the Chelsea Flower Show (May), or the Hampton Court Show (July).
revel in discovering the areas in and around London that boast the highest proportion of superb antique businesses as well as the famous flea-markets and specialist shops.
Quilting/Needlework Groups & Guilds
American quilters tour the UK on specially planned itineraries to visit private collections, historic homes, museums and exhibitions.
UK Quilters also visit the USA to explore a variety of American Quilting locations, including Amish and African-American quilts. (see Client Comments page)
love to visit the UK, not only to see the sights of London, but to explore the countryside, visit Scouting centers and meet with English Girl Scouts or 'Guides' as they are called in the UK. Scout Leaders can make a trip to the UK a useful and educational travel experience. Contact us by completing a Group Tour Request Form to start planning your troop's international visit.
Your group tour can be escorted or un-escorted!
Escorted tours provide a UK Tour Director who accompanies the group on the itinerary and who is responsible for making sure that every aspect of the tour runs smoothly, from the airport pick up, hotel check-in, the routes taken, the timing of visits to payment of entrance fees where applicable.
Un-escorted tours provide the transportation and hotel arrangements/visits etc. but the role of Tour Director falls upon someone in the group – usually the designated Group Leader, who will be entirely responsible for the day-today running of the trip. This is a less expensive option, but is no vacation for the Group Leader who will bear the whole responsibility for his or her group's visit.
* There is a basic minimum fee of $150 for these planning services. You may pay by personal check (or call us with your credit card to make the payment). Once we receive your payment you can expect a basic suggested itinerary to be sent to you within 3 working days. If you then wish us to continue to customize the itinerary, we charge a rate of $75 per hour. Average number of hours for organizing a detailed itinerary, including full research and reservations is 10 hours or less, and will depend on the complexity of the arrangements required.
What we need to know:
- Your group's preferred travel dates and focus of the tour
- Approximate size of group, including numbers of couples, singles, children etc.
- Your Wish List of places the group has chosen to visit
- Any special requests for private visits/ specialist lectures/talks/events
- If you wish us to include airfare for the group
- Airport pick up and drop off arrangements – we can provide these
- Type of accommodations required
- Any special diets required
- Some or all meals required
- Level of physical fitness of group – walking, steps/stairs etc
Ready to start planning? Fill out the online request form for a group tour and mail it to us. We will contact you with a suggested itinerary for your approval before giving you a quotation.